Creating Outside the Book Circle Journals are complete. Everyone had a blast with this project. We started the journals in January, and each month thereafter, a member from book club created a new page in another member's book. There isn't a single page that is the same.
I love my journal and am so happy to finally be able to take it home and really look at it. It's a wonderful keepsake that will always remind me of my fabulous friends in our Book Club.
Look what our fearless leader, Elena made for us. It's a personalized Book Club tote bag. We each received one of these adorable bag. It's a wonderful way for us to save the planet one plastic bag at a time. No more shopping bags for our kits. Bring your tote bag to Book Club every month.
We spent a much of our evening playing with the make and take. Lots of fabric scraps, some trim...pick a color pallet, or theme, layer it together and you have an adorable embellishment for another project.
Denise gave us the idea of adding them to our new Book Club totes.
The make and take design was taken from an article in the Somerset Memories magazine, which is our inspiration book for this cycle.
Cynthia is hard at work making a pretty fabric embellishment from her scraps.
Gaye, Alma and Elena having fun creating.
Here are some of the finished embellies.
Here's Fern showing her adorable altered dress form and matching changing screen. Kitties galore!
This sophisticated dress form was created by Alicia.
Kat made a collage picture with a Girl in a garden of butterflies.
A few months ago, we had a button stack swap. Everyone made button stacks and we each ended up with fourteen different button stack charms. Elena brought us bracelets and Gaye quickly turned her stacks into this whimsical bracelet.
Gentle Reminder of items you may wish to bring next month:
- Tags are due
- Your book - Somerset Life (Can be purchased at CSS)
- Projects you would like to share
- Finished project from Book Club kit
- Tool kit, including scissors, glue and a pen or pencil
- A snack to share
Things to remember:
- DATE AND LOCATION CHANGE IN DECEMBER TO DECEMBER 14TH, AT ALICIA'S HOUSE IN RANCHO PENASQUITOS.
- October is the third month of this cycle. Our meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, October 19, at 6:30, at Cool Scrapbook Stuff.
- Crop is October 23rd, from 11:00 to 5:30 at Cool Scrapbook Stuff. Free for Book Club members and one guest. Be sure you reserve your spots. Potluck!
Tag swap. The tags are about you.
- Due in October
- Make tags that include a picture of you.
- Add some little know fact or facts about yourself.
- Make 13
White Elephant Gift Exchange. The holidays are around the corner. Start thinking about and working on your Gift. It must be something wonderful, that you created, and would want to keep for yourself. Put your best foot forward. Party will be at Alicia's home, on December 14th, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Potluck! More details to come.