Thursday, August 9, 2012
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
As of last night Gee Gee’s Book Club has grown to seventeen fun loving, artistic ladies. We are currently creating a Circle Journal. Each month one person takes home a journal, creates a page, brings it back and passes it to another person. Each page is completely different. Check out the slide show to see this month’s pages.
Elena made this lovely necklace using Industrial Chic products and Blumenthal buttons.
Glenna created this awesome canvas.
And here’s another fun canvas by Glenna.
Check out this adorable 4th of July banner.
Pam made this sweet skirt for her daughter. Here’s a step by step.
Sherry made this cool steampunk machine.
Here’s a colorful canvas made by Marleen.
And, here’s another awesome canvas by Marleen.
Lola added lots of lovely color to her circle canvas.
As a designer, Cheryl made this fabulous cards.
Kat has been working in her art journal with Dylusions sprays and stamps from Ranger.
Kristal made this beautiful card for her friend’s birthday.
This month our kit consisted of Plain Jane Stained Glass by Tattered Angels, a stencil by want 2 scrap and some trim.
This is our make and take We each made one of this in our own style.
And here is Lola’s cool version of our make and take.
Gentle Reminder of items you may want to bring next month:
- Prayer Flags are due
- Circle Journal Swap (See below.)
- Show and Tell art
- Art from the kit and/or current book
- Current book: Mixed Media Girls with Suzi Blu
- Tool kit, including scissors, glue, a pen or pencil.
- A snack to share
Things to remember:
- Our next meeting is Thursday, August 2, and is the 4th meeting in a 4-month cycle. The meeting is at 6:30, at Gee Gee's Stamp 'n' Stuff.
- Our current swap is a Prayer Flag swap. Check out The Prayer Flag Project for information and ideas. Here’s a couple of tutorials. Our only parameter is, finished flag should be 5x8”.
- Our current passing project is a Circle Journal. Start with a 6x6 chipboard journal and do the first page with your preferred theme. Put your journal in a zip lock bag for protection. Add a note about your theme, favorite colors, favorite techniques, etc. The point of the note is to give the next person an idea of what you might like in your journal.
Gee Gee’s: (760) 729-1779
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Doesn’t Alicia look pretty holding up the adorable banner
she made for the summer!
Alicia also made this charming wooden tag from kit items.
Anne is having fun art journaling with Dylusions sprays and stencils, and lots of doodling. Beautiful colors.
Anne is also learning how to make Shrinky Dink art. Check out these fun cards she made in a class at Gee Gee’s. Cute little turtles!
Tricia made a fabulous banner for her family’s get together.
Here are a couple of the letters.
Kathren went to the event, CREATE in Orange County and learned how to carve her own stamps.
The left side is an imprint on fabric. Awesome!
Kathren made this sweet banner from a recent kit.
Kathren took a Jane LaFazio class at CREATE and look what she made with free motion quilting. Wow!
Here’s another example of Kathren’s fabulous free motion quilting.
Kat made her very own aquarium with acrylics, sprays and Golden’s bead gel on canvas.
Emmeline and Channel recently became family. They had fun blending their unique talents to create a fabulous wedding for their parents.
What a wonderful way to get to know each other…
by collaborating on such an awesome, important event in your family’s life.
Emmeline turned ordinary water bottles and candle holders into something special for a fun event.
Who wouldn’t want to write their thoughts in a pretty journal like this! Monica enjoyed a fun class at Paper Source and learned how to make this very professional looking journal.
Judy became a grandma to this sweet little puppy and created a fun photo album.
Here’s our kit for this month. A cool collage sheet, ribbon, tissue paper, Ranger’s Memory Glass and Memory Capsules, diamonds and alcohol ink.
Here’s our cute make and take using the Memory Capsules.
Can you see the diamonds?
OMGosh, thank you Emmeline,
for the delicious, hot brownies!
go to Charity Wings.
Things to remember:
- July is the 3rd month of a our cycle. Our meeting will be held on a different day this month only. It will be on Wednesday, July 11th, at 6:30, at Cool Scrapbook Stuff. Please be sure to check in at the front desk. (858) 679-9100
- Our new swap is Greeting Cards. Make 17 cards. (Yes, this figure went up as we have a new member who is joining us in the swap. Yay!) They can all be the same, but should be blank on the inside. The themes to choose from are Celebrate, Thank You, Birthday, Thinking About You. No seasonal cards. Be sure to supply the appropriate size envelope for each card. No square cards…extra postage!
- Something new to note: In August, we will be meeting at the clubhouse in Emmeline’s condo complex, in Rancho Bernardo. You will receive an email with the address.
Things to remember to bring:
- Your cards for the swap.
- Your art that you would like to “show and tell”
- Art that you made from the Book Club kit or from the book
- Our new book, Delight in the Seasons, by Lisa Pace, can be purchased at Cool Scrapbook Stuff at a 25% discount.
- A simple tool kit, including scissors, glue and a pen or pencil
- Snack to share