Kathren started this fun night off with a beautiful collage that she made using parts of a monthly kit. The dress is a lovely example of using Goose Bumps on a stamp and making the impression on paper. The Goose Bumps acts as a resist when ink is added.
Here’s another example of Goose Bumps using a stencil.
Cute cards by Kathren.
Cynthia made this beautiful She Art canvas. Look at the colors!
She’s so fashionable!
Cynthia also created this fabulous birdie canvas. She said this is the canvas where she puts her left over paint when she working on other projects.
She painted the bird on top of the leftovers. Cool!
How adorable is this crocheted bracelet by Cynthia!
Oh yes, we have all different forms of art in our Book Club. Our guest Jesse created this masterpiece. All of us were in awe of her art form…kind of like honored to be in the same room!
Wouldn’t you just totally dig having this art in your garden?
Kathren made this fabulous garden piece for her yard and we all want one! I see Christmas Presents! Hee Hee
Peggy made this cute little seahorse pendant.
Admittedly, Gaye has been holding out on us. Who knew she could do such awesome things with Glass and beads.
Cyndi’s been busy with the Girl Scouts and look at the pretty frames they made with paint and embellishments.
Wow! Judy stepped out of her box and created an awesome art journal. Each page is made by using a different mixed media technique. Completely ready for added art.
Alma was busy making lots of sweet cards!
Here are a couple of lovely examples.
And, HOO wouldn’t want to be on Monica’s card list! Adorable!
Anne’s first art journal page! Gorgeous! Love that color!
Anne was busy in the jewelry department this month. Check out these earrings. Super cute and lightweight! Perfect for everyday!
Ooops! I spy more Christmas presents!
Kat created a little girl canvas
inspired by Christy Tomlinson’s She Art.
This is a gorgeous photo album made by Gaye and ready for Photos.
Here is our Make and Take for this month. One of my personal favorites! I just love the “Sweet”ness of it! It was created on a canvas tag, with fabric pieces, glass glitter, pom poms, “cheap” tinsel, and if you look close, you can see an adorable glass flower pin.
Check it out! Here is our loot for this month. It’s a wonderful kit full of fun goodies. We received a package of tissue paper by Cloud 9 Designs, canvas tags from Maya Road, glittered tulle, baby pom poms and some little acrylic flowers.
Thank you Cyndi, for the yummy chips and corn salsa!
Things to remember:
- June is the 2nd month of a our cycle and our meeting will be held on June 20th, at 6:30, at Cool Scrapbook Stuff. Please be sure to check in at the front desk. (858) 679-9100
- Our new swap is Greeting Cards. Make 16 cards. They can all be the same, but should be blank on the inside. The themes to choose from are Celebrate, Thank You, Birthday, Thinking About You. No seasonal cards. Be sure to supply the appropriate size envelope for each card.
Things to remember to bring:
- Your art that you would like to “show and tell”
- Art that you made from the Book Club kit or from the book
- Our new book, Delight in the Seasons, by Lisa Pace, can be purchased at Cool Scrapbook Stuff at a 25% discount.
- A simple tool kit, including scissors, glue and a pen or pencil
- Snack to share