Cynthia created this adorable She Art canvas.
OMGosh, what a cutie this little birdie canvas is…made by Cynthia. Love the colors!
Cynthia took a lesson using Twinkling H2O’s. Here is a fun journal page based on a Marah Johnson project.
What a cute way to use the kit from last month. Kam wowed us with this adorable chick. The chick is a cookie cutter and she filled with flowers making it a very dimensional canvas.
Kam took a class from Julie Nutting and learned how to make these adorable little girl tags.
Debby used one of her many Cricut machines to make this elaborate project with her name. Beautiful!
Wow! Last month, we received a floppy disk holder in our kit. Sherry made this fabulously fun Shadow Box.
How clever is that!
Pam spent some time learning about transferring images to fabric. Here is a picture that she manipulated on the computer, printed it out and transferred it to the fabric.
Then she tried transferring patterned paper on to fabric. Cool!
Our book this cycle is
Mixed Media Girls by Suzi Blu.
Pam and her daughter, Amelia, spent some time together learning how to draw and color a couple of lovely Mixed Media girls.
Glenna made this super cute, colorful collage canvas.
Glenna also made this gorgeous mixed media journal with Lytle Scrapper. This photo is of the front and back of the journal.
Here are a couple of pages on the inside of Glenna’s journal.
Glenna made all of these great scrapbook pages.
Here’s where she documented her photo of the day challenge. That’s really cool!
Look at those beautiful dogs!
Glenna was a busy girl this month.
Kat made this cute little collage canvas.
At a class with Marah Johnson, Kat learned how to make this journal page using Twinkling H2O’s, and some collage embellishments.
After the class she was so excited about the Twinks that she shared the techniques with a couple of girlfriends and made another page.
Kristal made several of these cool Gift Card Holders for some of her friends.
At Book Club, Elena gave us tote bags to be used each month for our kits. Our instruction was to feel free to decorate our bags any way we might like. Keeping the Suzi Blu theme for the quarter in mind, this is the front of Kristal's bag. It is embellished with lots of dimensional flowers and an awesome hand painted, by Kristal, mixed media girl.
This is the back of Kristal’s bag. She used ICE Resin to collage pieces of ephemera.
Whoo Hoo! Kristal made this journal using a Suzi Blu stamp on the cover. This journal is strictly for Suzi Blu art. Great idea!
Gentle Reminder of items you may want to bring next month:
- Canvas Swap (still have a couple of canvases out)
- Show and Tell art
- Art from a kit
- Current book: Mixed Media Girls with Suzi Blu
- Tool kit, including scissors, glue, a pen or pencil.
- A snack to share
- June is the 2nd month of a 4-month cycle and the meeting is Thursday, June 7th, at 6:30, at Gee Gee's Stamp 'n' Stuff.
- We are having a FREE SWAP at Cool Scrapbook Stuff, on June 3rd, 11:00-5:30.
- Our current swap is a Prayer Flag swap. Check out The Prayer Flag Project for information and ideas. Here’s a couple of tutorials. Only parameter is, finished flag should be 5x8”.
- Our current passing project is a Circle Journal. Start with a 6x6 chipboard journal and do the first page with your preferred theme. Put your journal in a zip lock bag for protection. Add a note about your theme, favorite colors, favorite techniques, etc. The point of the note is to give the next person an idea of what you might like in your journal.
Gee Gee’s: (760) 729-1779