As of last night Gee Gee’s Book Club has grown to seventeen fun loving, artistic ladies. We are currently creating a Circle Journal. Each month one person takes home a journal, creates a page, brings it back and passes it to another person. Each page is completely different. Check out the slide show to see this month’s pages.
Elena made this lovely necklace using Industrial Chic products and Blumenthal buttons.
Glenna created this awesome canvas.
And here’s another fun canvas by Glenna.
Check out this adorable 4th of July banner.
Pam made this sweet skirt for her daughter. Here’s a step by step.
Sherry made this cool steampunk machine.
Here’s a colorful canvas made by Marleen.
And, here’s another awesome canvas by Marleen.
Lola added lots of lovely color to her circle canvas.
As a designer, Cheryl made this fabulous cards.
Kat has been working in her art journal with Dylusions sprays and stamps from Ranger.
Kristal made this beautiful card for her friend’s birthday.
This month our kit consisted of Plain Jane Stained Glass by Tattered Angels, a stencil by want 2 scrap and some trim.
This is our make and take We each made one of this in our own style.
And here is Lola’s cool version of our make and take.
Gentle Reminder of items you may want to bring next month:
- Prayer Flags are due
- Circle Journal Swap (See below.)
- Show and Tell art
- Art from the kit and/or current book
- Current book: Mixed Media Girls with Suzi Blu
- Tool kit, including scissors, glue, a pen or pencil.
- A snack to share
Things to remember:
- Our next meeting is Thursday, August 2, and is the 4th meeting in a 4-month cycle. The meeting is at 6:30, at Gee Gee's Stamp 'n' Stuff.
- Our current swap is a Prayer Flag swap. Check out The Prayer Flag Project for information and ideas. Here’s a couple of tutorials. Our only parameter is, finished flag should be 5x8”.
- Our current passing project is a Circle Journal. Start with a 6x6 chipboard journal and do the first page with your preferred theme. Put your journal in a zip lock bag for protection. Add a note about your theme, favorite colors, favorite techniques, etc. The point of the note is to give the next person an idea of what you might like in your journal.
Gee Gee’s: (760) 729-1779