This is the 2nd month of swapping canvases. View the slide show to see how we are progressing.
Glenna did some more work on her beautiful blue canvas. She added modeling paste to the wings. She also used paraffin wax to give her painting an interesting encaustic look.
Terri also made this adorable teddy bear. He is felted and so soft. We all found him to be quite intriguing.
Kristal is an amazing artist and this beautiful page proves it. It's a scrapbook paper that already had the pattern. Kristal added the gorgeous color and shading by using colored pencils and Gum Arabic.
Look at this adorable pumpkin headed character. I think Lola used everything but the kitchen sink to make this fun Halloween decoration. So crafty and so incredibly imaginative!
Go here to find lots of different pictures of Configurations.
We worked on our little encaustic, fairy wall hangings. Here's a few examples our spontaneous artwork.
This month's kit consisted of a doll and some fun items to help us create an apron for her. We also received a lace pack by Kaisercraft, several pieces of mica, a few button packs by Blumenthal Lansing Co., and a DecoFabric marker by Marvy Uchida. It's a fun collection of inspiring pieces to stimulate the imagination.
Gentle Reminder of items you may want to bring next month:
- Canvas for the Canvas Swap
- Tags are due and should include a picture of you and a little known detail about you. (10 tags) Do 11 tags if you want to donate one to Charity Wings.
- Projects you've been working on to share
- Current book is Mixed and Stitched by Jen Osborn
- Tool kit, including scissors, glue, a pen or pencil.
- A snack to share
Things to remember:
- November is the 3rd month of a 4-month cycle and the meeting is Thursday, November 3rd, at Gee Gee's Stamp 'n' Stuff.
- Tags are due at this meeting.
- Crop on October 23, 11:00-5:30 at Cool Scrapbook Stuff. Potluck!
3. White Elephant Gift Exchange. Christmas is in 2 months. You might want to start working on your Gift. It must be something wonderful, that you created, and would want to keep for yourself. Put your best foot forward. We will exchange gifts at our December meeting.